Thursday, January 27, 2011

Kraig's List


Tonight I made my first Craigslist purchase! I have been looking for a new dining room table for. years. A couple of 'em. Years, not tables. And I found just what I wanted on Craigslist. -ish. It's a country kitchen table- which I was looking for- with hunter green legs. Not my fave. It's the perfect size, and it has a bench! I'm gonna show you a picture- but before you get all judgy- just imagine all that it will be! :)


I am totally diggin' the pedestal legs. Ugh. I die. I am already so excited to have it in my house and to be rid of the glass table top that we had before. So. Much. Work. to keep that thing clean. The chairs are in great condition, but aren't what I have in mind for my dining room. I want a mix match set. I'm inspired by these beauties:


Now the challenge is what color to paint the legs. Grey? Off-white? Mustard? Robin's Egg? HELP! 




Oh yeah, I'm staining the top too. I love the dark wood... mmm hm. Hopefully you will all see it at my open house. If you come. It's gonna be soon! Now. If I can only find the time to DO all of this!!!
Until Next Time, 
The Guff

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Especially the bench! i can't wait to see it painted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that a craigslist purchase turned into kraigs list... Hehe.
    Great table! What colors are in your kitchen? The yellow+dark stain looks really good. I like the distressed robins egg with dark, too. It reminds me of my moms kitchen table- that I LOVe. Hers has black legs and a dark top.

    ReplyDelete