
We went to the doctor last Friday and apparently I'm not really making any progress. So much for this little girl coming early! I was only 50% effaced, not dilated at all and the doc said, "Looks like you will be carrying to term!" with a smile. Wonderful. Does he know how hot it is? Does he realize that I need to have her like, NOW? No, he doesn't. When he asked if I had a cold or if I was just tired of being pregnant (after being prompted by my constant sniffing...) I told him that I was hot, too top heavy and just ready for baby. He offered to induce me this week or so- but that would cancel out my hopes for a non-medicated birth. Basically, it was now or natural. UGH. Of course I chose natural. I am such a loser. Tomorrow is a full moon, and I am hoping something crazy happens.
Speaking of crazy, tomorrow also starts my last week of work. Wow. Only 5 days left! I feel like last week flew by and this one will probably drag on. K asked me the other day what I was going to DO for 2 weeks with no job and no baby... uh, sleep. Duh.
Note to self (and to you, I guess): When you are pregnant, just hang it up and go get a pedicure. I can't see my feet, much less paint the nails. Awk. Ward. They look a hot mess, and I kind of like it - only because when I do see them it makes me laugh. What a disaster. The whole time I was painting them, and all the skin around them, I was thinking to myself, "This is what your toes might look like when you deliver Chamblee. They have to look good. They are gonna be all kinds of up in the air and all over the place." Now thinking about seeing them during labor is hilarious to me. Because they are a hot. mess. (*Please don't look at them if you come visit me in the hospital. They are for my amusement only. Thanks.)
-ps- We went to the movies today and saw Inception. Mainly because all we have heard are raves and raves and we figured it must be fantastic. Eh. I really would have rather rented it and saved $40. Perhaps for a pedicure?
Until Next Time,
The Guff


How did you spend $40 on a movie when you're not paying for a babysitter yet?
ReplyDelete