Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy in the Sun

Jake just punched me in the face. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a black eye. I'm very sure that I cried like a three year old. His fist. It's the exact size of my eye, and he is a strong, strong little guy.

I got sucker punched.

I feel sucker punched.

This past month has been an adventure.

We've been to 3 states. We family beach tripped for the first time, we hung with the grandparents a lot, we celebrated 5 years of marriage!, we welcomed our newest, tiniest little nephew.

We're traveling and we're growing. I can feel the change. It's almost tangible.

Life is good. Life is fast. Too fast. It's too. fast. My babies aren't babies anymore. There's less snuggling and more talking. Words. Real ones. Opinions and attitudes. Ideas and imaginations. Personalities and preferences.

I can't even punish Jacob with a straight face. Do you have one of those? You know, the kid that's so cute and smiles through the discipline? I can't sit him in time out without holding back fits of hysterical laughter. I mean, I can't. The curls. The grin. Dead, he kills me. 
Chamblee is on the road to college, as she has something smarter than me to say back to all of my requests and ideas. Why? Why is she so smart that I don't have a come back? It's humbling. She's also the karaoke queen. The best. We duet. 
Josephine is about { } this close to crawling. Man. She gets so frustrated. But then she giggles because it's kind of all she does. Giggle. And that's awesome. And she's beautiful, and she looks just like her daddy, who she adores. And that's just the best. Two daddy's girls? Dead.

Take a look at our month!


Seagrove Beach

Seagrove Beach

Date Night with my guy

Our Spot

They held onto each other in the pool

Happy in the Sun

My tinies

5 Years!

Love this guy


4 Generations

Fishin' Buddies

Lots of Love Here ;) 

Taking Care

4 Generations

Lake Loretta

Walkin'

Riverbend

Musical Baby

Grant! He's Here! 

Beautiful New Cousin


Friends with pools makes for an awesome Summer

Playgrounds. All Day. Every Day. 

We are loving summer. 
We are loving sunshine. 
We are loving each other. 

Until Next Time, 
The Guff





No comments:

Post a Comment