Monday, December 16, 2013

Um. Why Not?

Jake had a pretty tough week.

He got a green marker stuck in his ear.
No, he didn't just color his ear with green marker. He got a green marker. stuck. in his ear.


I got it out. 
Then he colored his face and stuck the marker up his nose. 
Then craft time was over. 


Those baby blues kill me. 
I die on the inside knowing that those little baby blues won't always be on a little baby boy face. 
He is going to grow up, and I am going to weep over it. 
Some girl is gonna love those baby blues one day and then I will die even more. 
But he will always love me the most. 
Yes, it's true. 
Don't tell me otherwise. 

He also had a rough go at Target. 
Sure, he wanted so badly to help me push Josephine around while we got wrapping paper and loaf pans for the pounds of banana bread I've been making.  
But he also wanted so badly for me to buy him a Hello Kitty hair dryer that he just couldn't walk anymore. 
In other news: Jake will not be getting a Hello Kitty hair dryer for Christmas. 


It's really hard to get a good picture of mascara in a little boy's blonde hair. 
It barely looks like he stole my mascara and ran with it. 
I saw the wand waving 'bye bye' as he ran ferociously down the hallway waving it in the air. 
By the time I got to him he had given himself quite the low lights. 

I straightened Chamblee's hair >just for fun< 
and it was four feet longer and she suddenly turned 15.


I don't know where the days are going, and the years are quite honestly breaking my heart. 
They are flying by. They are stealing my babies. Every day they get a little bigger, a little smarter and a little harder to let go of. I can't stop hugging them and kissing them and telling them how much I love them. What if they forget? "Mom, you JUST told me. I know!!!" Says the oldest. 

Speaking of time whisking away my littles... 
This one still has the baby smell, the nuzzle naps and the tiny toes.

But she's huge. What. is HAPPENING. 


Something good. Something real, real good is happening over here. 
Love is happening, play is happening, family is happening and there is an awful lot of dancing. 

I can't help but die a little every time we go to Target as a family. 
We take up the whole elevator. I love it so much. 
A lady stopped me in the aisle the other day and said, "These cannot possibly all be yours." 
Um, why not? 
I said, "You're right. They're my husband's too." 
And she kind of looked at me like I was slow and walked away. 
Maybe it was my tone. 

Anyway.

The Christmas countdown is on. Chamblee is acting out the Christmas story in her school play this Thursday - if anyone wants to come and watch the best acting you have ever. seen. you just let me know. 

Until Next Time, 
The Guff


No comments:

Post a Comment