Well, it started out like any other day.
That's not entirely true. Cham had a rough night last night. She woke up twice and ended up snuggled tight in our bed with us. She's got 4 molars coming in at once, and what looks like 2 bottom teeth as well, for good measure. She's having quite the time with these beasts, often calling out, "Mecine, mouf" = translate= "Medicine for my mouth". It's so pitiful. So, this morning we were both groggy and I opted for milk and sesame street instead of a
real breakfast and playing outside in our 70 degree weather.
(It's December, remember? What is this, Santa Barbara?) So we snuggled up and sang the ABC's a few times. Then she napped. As did I.
I slept for a long, long time. It was nice. I got up and checked on the bunny. Out like a light. I decided to shower while I had the chance and even dried my hair. After all, w
e had a Christmas party to go to tonight.
Then my water broke. I felt it happen and kind of just stood there for a minute. Furrowed brow. Staring into space. '
Space' being the water running down my legs. Hm. I called K. He told me to call the doctor. I called my mom, instead. Then my sister.
Then my doctor. The doctor told me to come in, of course. And when I did, they told me they were admitting me to the hospital. My water was definitely broken and they needed to monitor me and baby.
For a couple of weeks.
A couple weeks of monitoring has since turned into "you're not going home again without a baby." Which is wonderful and terrifying all in one Christmas stocking. I left the house this afternoon in a t-shirt thinking I would be sent home on bed rest, most likely, for the weekend. Now I will be returning home, in said t-shirt, with our baby boy in my arms. And a good ol' fashioned case of cabin fever.
There's a lot going on and a lot riding on... well, a lot. Right now we are living on prayers and counting our blessings- only
hours into this journey- for the
incredible friends and family that have been placed around us. It's amazing how blessed we are for the friendships we share. We feel loved.
Until Next Time,
The Guff
You're beautiful, and she an Owlie are adorable. XOXO
ReplyDeleteThinking of you...Chamblee is going to make the best little sister.
ReplyDeleteHey Natalie-- Just wanted you to know I am praying for you and your sweet baby boy-- I hope he stays put a little longer. I'm available if you have any NICU questions, but hopefully you won't have to go there.... :)
ReplyDelete