I just checked the mail. Like, in our mailbox. I really probably enjoyed it a little too much. Walking down the driveway and waving at a neighbor
(who didn't wave back) and checking the box. It felt gooood. I am kind of nervous about the neighbors. I know it's only been 2 days, but they don't seem very friendly- and I am pretty sure one of them stayed in his car extra long this morning just to avoid saying hello. Am I stuck in the 50's? I want to meet them all and
aren't they supposed to bake me something for being new? Or is it just my mom who still does that? Anyway, I am thinking that I am going to dress Cham Cham up really adorably and walk to their houses and introduce myself. Who isn't friendly to a girl with a
baby? I am pretty sure we are the youngest peeps on the block by about 40 years. Except for one house- I saw a school bus go by today, and a girl walked into the house across the street. She looked about 15- prime. babysitting. material. Maybe I'll bake
them something...
Anyhoos. The house is coming right along. I'm exhausted from C's recent growth spurt & I get overwhelmed sometimes during the day and just nap with her to avoid the unpacking. When I'm not overwhelmed I'm scared. This robbery has really gotten to me. This house is 2ce as big as our apartment & it settles. When I'm upstairs I am sure I hear
someone something downstairs. It's usually one of the dogs or the ice maker. Or a neighbor doing some kind of yard work.
I swear, no one works around here.
We are looking into alarm systems, but haven't quite gotten there yet. I feel safe, especially with people out jogging and raking all around me during the day, but I can't help getting a little jumpy :(
We ordered Chinese. Chamblee has been asleep for 3 hours. It's a big TV night.
(Thank goodness they didn't steal our ol' tube) Gotta go.
Until Next Time,
The Guff
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletebones, grey's, private practice...ahhhh.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you're still rattled. Get to know those neighbors. Old people can be very nosy. If your on their good side it can sure pay off. My Granny knows middle names of every person in her neighborhood. She's the first house in her neighborhood and you better believe shes-a-watching. :)
ReplyDeleteAh! Yay for a mailbox. :) It's the little things.
ReplyDeleteI think that taking Cham for introductions is definitely a good idea. Take Bailey pup, too, he's a crowd pleaser. They will love you once they know you, no doubt.
P.S. PICTURES of this new abode? Sooonish?